Iridize’s Rules Engine: Target Users by Roles or Behavior
At the heart of Iridize’s advanced technology lies its rules engine. The rules engine (Guide Activation Rules Engine, to be exact), is what makes Iridize such a sophisticated tool when it comes to targeting users.
The rules engine allows you to create complex flows and guides that respond to user behavior. This way, you can tailor guides that interact with the users based on their needs, their history using the product, their role in the organization and much more.
Personalized onboarding has been proved to be more effective, because users get exactly what they need – they are not overwhelmed with redundant information and do not get a chance to develop blind spots to guides they consider irrelevant.
Here are a few examples of how our customers use the rules engine:
1. Tailor guides to roles – design flows and guides throughout your product that will only pop up for specific roles and teams in the organizations (sales teams, managers, support representatives, etc.)
2. New features and release notes – activate release notes and walkthroughs for users who venture into a certain area in your product. This way, the information only reaches them at the exact moment they need it.
3. Discover hidden features – activate guides for users who have not visited certain areas in your product, allowing them to get to know your product better and boosting customer success.
4. Advanced guides for Power users – create Iridize guides that only pop up for users who have seen a certain guide previously.
5. Start panel – determine which guides will appear in the start panel for specific user groups