Step Branches: A Guide Within a Guide
Step Branches will allow users to launch guides stemming from guides they are currently on, based on user behavior, user choices, user preferences and user specs.
The idea behind step branches is to allow end users to diverge from certain guides on to other guides. For instance: you can create a “tree” of guides, linked associatively and by related topics. A user can then follow the information s/he needs from one guide to the other, without interrupting the learning flow and returning to the original guide at any time.
Respond to user choices and behavior
We like to think of the Step Branches as Iridize’s sophisticated version of the Choose Your Own Adventure genre: the guides can be responsive to what a user needs at a specific instance and they can also respond to pre-determined rules that you, admin/training professional, have set in place.
For example: a sales manager has launched a guide to learn how to create an Opportunity on Salesforce. In the middle of the flow, he is required to link an Account to the item, and he realizes he still hasn’t created the account. He can launch a guide to create accounts and then pop back, link the items and complete his Opportunity guide when he’s done with the Account.
A few ways to get more out of Step Branches:
1. Let the user choose where they are going (“Would you like to launch an Account Creation Guide or an Organization Creation Guide now?)”
2. Diverge guides based on user identity (“Select which region you are from”, “Select your role in the organization to continue”, etc.)
3. Steer users toward specific branches based on their permission and access rights
4. Respond to page elements – launch guides based on certain site messages, error and alert messages, walking users through the right way to deal with them.
5. Start at a guide on creating a New Account in your CRM: you can guide your users on how to go from New Account –> to New Opportunity, or bypass the New Opportunity for a certain group of users and skip straight to Updating Contact Info